You are here
4-6 years of Experience preferred in Commercial/Retail experience
Client is forecasting above average pipeline for second half of 2017
About Our Client
Our Los Angeles based client in the building and construction industry is experiencing an upsurge in pipeline activity and has several mid-size commercial projects forecasted to begin in the second half of 2017 and early 2018 totalling in $250 million in projected work.
- The estimator will manage and prioritize the project budget to ensure the best possible pricing; weighing and eliminating risk in the buyout process
- Manages and responsible for the ongoing analysis of project buyout, savings, and contingencies; schedules buyout into the overall project schedule and ensures milestones are met
- The estimator will write and distribute bid packages that clearly define the scope and general provisions.
- The estimator will negotiate, analyze, and prepare subcontracts, purchase order agreements, and cost control budgets
- Ensures that the project team understands the aspects of the prime contract that relate to their specific responsibilities and demonstrates a thorough understanding of the prime contract checklist
- Identifies the high risk provisions in the prime contract and implements project specific risk mitigation practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract documents, including reading and writing subcontracts
- Manages all document control of RFI submittals, change orders, correspondence, permits, drawings, specs, and reports in a systematic and traceable manner
- Prepares and manages monthly owner billing process and actively pursues owner for prompt payment of monthly progress billing
- Reviews the timely approval of all change orders and billings, and cost control budget adjustments.
- Responsible for all aspects of the cost report and completes timely submittal of cost reports and effectively communicates risk and projections to senior management
- Maintains a delay log in conjunction with Construction Manager and inserts delays into the master schedule and send weekly notices to the owner
- Manages and publishes project schedule on a weekly basis
- Participates in the development and creation of the baseline schedule and provides weekly updates to the schedule
The Successful Applicant
- Comprehensive knowledge of cost control, budgeting, and accurate and decisive cost reporting, billing and forecasting within the Los Angeles building and construction industry
- Familiarity of all aspects of building to include site work, structure, finishes, envelope, MEPS
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to use MS Office with proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, and PowerPoint); Knowledge of Adobe and Visio
- Understands estimating software (Timberline and Vico) and how to successfully put together an estimate and present to colleagues and clients
What's on Offer
- Industry Leading compensation package
- Full 401K Matching
- Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Cell phone/Vehicle Allowance + Mileage Reimbursement