You are here
Estimator of any level needed for general contractor
Well established general contractor seeking stellar Estimators
About Our Client
My client is a well-known general contractor who has been around for 40 years. They have offices and projects across California, with their headquarters in San Diego. They concentrate their general contracting expertise on four specific areas: restoration-remodel, interior development, new construction and multi-family and medical. Their dollar value of projects range from 300k to 50m, with annual gross sales approximately 125m.
The construction Estimator in San Diego will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee that complete and accurate material take-offs are performed for all items of work.
- Create all scope sheets for potential bidders and create scopes of work for bid tabulation sheets.
- Handle general contractor and subcontractor solicitations and qualify quotes.
- Assemble, maintain, and monitor a list of qualified bidders for projects.
- Coordinate estimating process with Chief Estimator and Senior Estimator and provide feedback on project pricing issues.
- Schedule architectural or engineering consultants and provide feedback on value engineering issues and alternates.
- Verify that all bidders have received and used the latest set of construction documents.
- Establish and develop professional relationships with on-site staff, providing leadership to them
- Develop a thorough understanding of drawings and specifications
- Identify constructability issues, design deficiencies, code violations and any other issues
- Collect all drawings, specifications and available job information for potential projects.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the scope of work, project timing, budgetary constraints and job site conditions.
- Manage the project schedule and meeting or exceeding the deadlines.
The Successful Applicant
A successful Estimator must have multifamily or commercial construction experience. A degree is a must for a new Estimator hire. The Estimator should be local to San Diego or open to commuting to San Diego on a daily basis.
What's on Offer
The Estimator in San Diego will receive the following compensation package:
- Great base salary
- Bonus per year
- Health care
- Gas mileage reimbursement
- Company cell phone