You are here
Estimator/PM- Government Construction
Time will be split 50/50 between Pre-Construction and Project Management
Dynamic role for an individual with some previous exposure to both roles
About Our Client
This full-service general contractor specializes in both renovation and new construction of federal projects throughout the East Coast, with a heavy focus on hospital and medical work. The company is in a rapid period of growth, and are now up to 7 offices covering the East Coast. DC is the highest potential market, offering an unbelievable opportunity for an individual up for the challenge.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage and/or coordinate Company personnel and resources for the project (s)
- Assist with preconstruction efforts
- Manage all aspects of project from inception
- Prepare and execute Project Executive Plan
- Prepare trade contracts and bid packages, as well as oversee procurement process
- Oversee performance of project including, project status, schedule, cost control, change management systems,
- Maintain relationships with clients, designers and consultants
- Makes budgetary, estimated, and final cost per project.
- Responsible for Bid Preparation
- Estimates cost for total job.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints, and related documents.
The Successful Applicant
Project Manager Requirements:
- 3+ years' experience with a General Contractor
- Experience in Project Management and Pre-Construction a plus, or the desire to get exposure to both roles
- Medical construction (hospitals, labs, etc.) experience preferred
- Bachelors in Construction Management or related field preferred
- Self-starter, can-do attitude.
- Ability to learn quickly
What's on Offer
Dynamic role for an individual looking to get exposure to both Project Management and PreConstruction to grow knowledge base. Interested in learning more? Submit your resume now.