You are here
Executive Assistant to CEO
Modern and forward-thinking culture
Commercial Real Estate
About Our Client
My client is an investment and management company, which focuses on income-producing real estate. With over 30 years of practice, they have developed an internationally recognized name, and currently have $11 billion of assets under management. The President is looking for an Executive Assistant who can not only support himself from an administrative perspective but also manage any special projects on his behalf. Having personally met the President and the leadership team, I can speak to the fact that he is are extremely personable and creative.
* Work directly for the President, providing full administrative and executive support.
* Due to varied demands, candidate must have the ability to think strategically about how to most effectively schedule the President's time, prioritize his responsibilities and prepare him for meetings, etc. The candidate must be proactive and show initiative in finding ways to help the President operate efficiently and effectively.
* Extensive use of Outlook to deal with all scheduling (meetings, conference calls, trips), travel itineraries (high volume of complex domestic and international travel) and monthly expense reporting.
* Daily Review of the President's email; responsible for obtaining his responses and composing personal correspondence on his behalf.
* Ability to ascertain nature of incoming phone calls and emails and discern which information and callers get through to the President. Must meticulously record messages and alert the President of emails and phone calls as necessary.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately. Must communicate progress and demonstrate ability to take ownership and follow through on outstanding items.
* Support the President with ad hoc projects in a timely manner including presentations, firm communications, personal events, etc.
* Assist the President with various management tasks in dealing with the staff; ability to delegate a must.
* Research as needed for various tasks.
* Order, pick up and serve plated food daily to President and to additional executive staff and colleagues on an as needed basis.
The Successful Applicant
* Upbeat demeanor. Energy level that is required to work at full capacity throughout the day.
* Assertive personality that is effective in demanding President time when necessary. Must ensure President is on schedule and ensure completion of any open items (returning phone calls, etc).
* Ability to communicate succinctly and to correspond with high-level contacts inside and outside the organization.
* Meticulous about detail and accuracy; strong sense of urgency, very strong organizational skills.
* Ability to self-prioritize, multi-task and to ask for help when necessary but work independently.
* Naturally intuitive, discreet and self reliant.
* Ability to deal with high pressure; associated ability to be productive on the days when there is no pressure.
What's on Offer
This is a full-time position; salary commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is also offered, including health and dental insurance and 401(K). Office hours for this position are from 7:30am to 6:30pm.