You are here
Executive Assistant to General Counsel
- Executive Assistant
- Leading provider of financial guaranty insurance.
About Our Client
Our client is the leading provider of financial guaranty insurance. They guarantee scheduled principal and interest payments when due on municipal, public infrastructure and structured financing.
The position requires interfacing with multiple departments within the New York office, as well as personnel in Bermuda and London. It also involves contact with members of the Board of Directors of the parent holding company and external advisors, among others.
The main responsibilities of the person in this position are:
- provide administrative legal support for the Company's financial guaranty insurance business and its alternative investments business
- manage and coordinate the administrative aspects of corporate transactions (i.e., mergers and acquisitions, issuances of common stock or debt) and compliance / regulatory activities
- create and maintain a complete and up to date filing system for all corporate and regulatory matters
- assist in producing reports and presentations on a quarterly basis for the Board meetings of the parent holding company and the operating subsidiaries
- assist with corporate secretarial activities, including the production of initial drafts of corporate minutes and coordinating with assistants in other offices
- assist with the administrative aspects of producing financial statements (10-Qs, 10-Ks, statutory financial statements)
- arrange domestic and international travel; prepare expense reports
- maintain group calendar for the Corporate and Regulatory Groups
- process legal invoices for approval and submission to accounting department
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Experience working at a financial services firm or a large law firm corporate or transactional department managing the closing and execution of transactions or filings
- Meticulous attention to detail and desire to make work product appear polished
- Willingness and ability to learn about the substantive aspects of the Company's business and organizational ability to follow up on pending and scheduled items
- Strong administrative skills, including the ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks while keeping the lawyers informed as appropriate
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines with minimal supervision while keeping the lawyers informed of progress to deadlines as appropriate
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interface with different departments throughout the Assured Guaranty group and with external advisors
- In depth knowledge of
- SharePoint (or other file sharing or document retention software)
- Familiarity with Concur (or similar corporate expense software), BoardVantage and Workiva would be a plus
- Willingness to learn new software and applications
- Willingness to stay late occasionally, sometimes on short notice, and otherwise be flexible about work hours if necessary to accommodate work flow
What's on Offer
The total package will include a competitive base salary, paid over-time, and extremely competitive benefits including: medical, dental, vision, and 401K. The company will also provide commuter benefits as well as a gym allowance.