You are here
Looking for an organized and proactive Executive Assistant
Need experienced EA
About Our Client
Our client is a global organization for the accountancy profession dedicated to serving the public interest by strengthening the profession and contributing to the development of strong international economies. It is comprised of more than 175 members and associates in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions, representing almost 3 million accountants in public practice, education, government service, industry, and commerce.
This position's primary role is to provide event and meeting planning, travel and expense processing, and other administrative support to the Global Accountancy Profession Support (GAPS) department, which consists of an Executive Director and six technical and editorial staff members. The GAPS team primarily support the work of two international committees, the Professional Accountants in Business Committee (PAIBC) and the Small and Medium Practices Committee (SMPC) and the IFAC Gateway, a web-based knowledge repository.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Head of the PAIB and Technical Managers of the SMPC and PAIBC, and the editorial staff of the Gateway team including:
- Planning meetings and conference calls, including logistical arrangements for multiple domestic and international meetings and conference calls;
- Catering for onsite meetings;
- Assisting in the distribution of documents to member organizations and other stakeholders;
- Paper and electronic file maintenance;
- Calendar and travel management;
- Preparing and coding of credit card statements and expense reports (using Expensewire system);
- Coordinating quarterly accounting accruals;
- Editing and formatting documents, presentations, minutes and spreadsheets;
- Creating, updating and maintaining contact information via iMIS (a contact database system);
- Uploading materials (e.g. news items, resources, events, and articles) to the Gateway website;
- Maintaining specified committee information and relaying changes to other functional areas, as appropriate; and
- Research, data compilation and database maintenance for projects and documents.
- Set up and clearing of meeting facilities within IFAC offices for Committee, Management Team, and related meetings on a regular basis;
- Provide backup administrative support for other administrative staff as required, including assisting with front desk relief
- Special projects as required.
- Hours are typically 9 AM - 5 or 6 PM
- There will be some over time, but it is usually anticipated and will correlate with the large meetings that take place about five times a year
- This role will support about five or six members of the team, but not all team members need the same level of support.
The Successful Applicant
A minimum of 4 years of related administrative experience preferred or a combination of experience and training that enables all aspects of the position.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access) and Internet browsers. Experience with iMIS and Expensewire is preferred.
Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
Must have experience in meeting organization and expense processing.
Excellent project management and organizational skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing demands and prioritize effectively.
Ability to make decisions, exercise sound judgment and use initiative.
Ability to liaise with senior members of the accountancy profession and senior officials from other organizations.
Effective listening skills.
Foreign language skills a plus.
- Experience with meeting planning - This role will be responsible for handling the logistics and details for meetings for about 40 people. About three meetings a year will be in New York, and two will be abroad. They will be responsible for coordinating the practical aspects of the meetings - catering, hotels, liaising with IT/audiovisual support, formatting agendas, making name tags, etc. International experience is helpful with the overseas meetings.
- Comfortable with PowerPoint and Word - This role will be responsible for doing a lot of editing and formatting. They should have an eye for design and catching the little mistakes. For example, they should be able to look at a document and notice when things aren't centered, or just don't look good!
- Familiar with handing credit cards and filing expenses.
- Be interested in website content management - A few hours a week they would be helping to upload documents to a website. They will be trained on our platform, but an interest in working with media and communications is helpful.
- General administrative support - This role is also responsible for booking small team meetings, calendar management, organizing conference calls and helping with day to day administrative tasks for a five-six member team.
What's on Offer
- The benefits package for a candidate when they go from temp to perm is AMAZING.
- Fully employer covered medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Strong 401k matching and employer contribution plan
- Life-Lock identity protection plan
- 20 paid time off days a year
- Tuition reimbursement program for employees who have worked with them for at least year and are pursuing a degree related to their role