You are here
Executive Director Corporate Secretary
USD1 - USD1,000,000
- Corporate Secretary
- Corporate Governance initatives, Support the Board of Directors
About Our Client
- Work with other board and committee liaisons to ensure Board and Committee materials are properly posted and maintained to make sure that meetings run smoothly.
- Principal corporate contact for members of the Board.
- Manage all processes for maintaining, periodically reviewing and amending fundamental corporate governance documents for the company and its subsidiaries.
- Serve as primary liaison with shareholders.
- Plan and manage the annual shareholders meeting process.
- In coordination with Finance, manage the annual stock ownership allocation and re-balancing processes.
- Prepare and administer the approval of corporate resolutions required for the company and its subsidiaries to conduct corporate finance activities.
- Manage corporate organizational structure information and database of legal entities.
- Manage Corporate Secretary's Office staff.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience as a practicing attorney in general corporate and securities law and/or experience as a corporate secretary or senior corporate governance professional.
- Tax and business organizations experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent poise and professional demeanor.
- Experience advising Boards and senior management concerning best practices in corporate governance.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with senior management of the board.
- Understanding of matter that are important to record in official corporate records, including Board and committee minutes.
- Knowledge of business organization and subsidiaries maintenance requirements, including experience with required filings and disclosures.
- Securities law expertise strongly preferred, including familiarity with goverance and disclosure requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank legislation; familiarity with applicable laws, rules and regulations of the SEC.
- Experience in managing other professionals preferred.
- Experience with corporate governance in the Financial Services Industry preferred.
What's on Offer