You are here
External (SEC) Reporting Manager
- Exciting role with one of the world's largest media companies
- Seeking a superstar SEC Reporting Manager
About Our Client
Major media company with HQ in New York City is seeking an External (SEC) Reporting Manager to report into the Executive Director and oversee two Senior Accountants.
- Manage/Assist in the process to file the Company's Form 10-Q/10-K with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). Ensure that the 10-Q/10-K meet GAAP/SEC requirements.
- Manage/Assist in the process to issue the Company's earnings release and complete related analyses in connection with the quarterly analyst conference call.
- Manage/Assist in the process to file the Company's Form 11-K with the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC). Ensure that the 11-K meets GAAP/SEC requirements.
- Ensure that internal controls over the financial reporting process are in compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Assist in analyzing current/proposed accounting pronouncements for potential implications on the financial statements and propose best alternatives for the Company. Assist in the implementation of accounting standards and other such financial reporting requirements to which the Company may be subject.
- Ensure that the Company's financial policies and procedures are current and meet GAAP/SEC requirements and are communicated and made available to all operating business units.
- Manage the process to complete the Company's financial statements for various foundations and employee benefit plans.
- Manage the audit of the Company's financial statements conducted by external auditors to ensure an effective and efficient process.
- Assist in the completion of ad hoc financial analyses and special projects, such as acquisitions and peer group analysis.
- Ensure that the Company is in compliance with quarterly and annual governmental reporting requirements and reports are filed with the appropriate governmental administration.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal External (SEC) Reporting Manager will have:
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting required
- 10-12 years of public accounting or public/private experience and CPA required
- Extensive Knowledge of GAAP/SEC rules
- Strong supervisory skills
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, work in a team environment and work under tight time constraints
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Windows, MS Excel and Word
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience