You are here
Facilities Operations Manager- Commercial Construction
New position intended to foster growth of the facilities department
Senior-level role with well-respected general contractor in the Frederick area
About Our Client
For over 60 years, this well- respected general contractor has been growing its presence in the Frederick area. The company does a wide variety of commercial work, including education, medical, retail, and hotels, consisting of both ground-up work as well as renovations. The company excels at delivering top-quality work, winning multiple excellence in construction awards for the past few years, while at the same time remaining an employee-focused company.
This person will be responsible for the direct oversight of Senior Project Managers, Estimators, a Field Operations Manager and the Business Development group for the department. Specific Responsibilities include:
- Developing and executing group operating plans and allocating assigned resources toward the achievement of growth and profitability targets
- Implementing directives of the group General Manager regarding the strategic direction and functioning of the line of business
- Communicating and collaborating with other members of the management and staff within the group
- Management throughout the company, to integrate operations and processes for the benefit of the company as a whole
- Ensures that sustainable business processes, capable and sufficient team member capacity and technology resources are in place to support the effective and efficient fulfillment of all construction projects, specifically within the facilities line of business activities
- Supporting and insuring adherence to all company safety policies and practices
- Leading and supervising assigned Facilities Construction Operations management and staff
- Preparing and presenting periodic reports.
- Maintains active involvement in general construction industries, in order to project a positive image of the facilities group and the company, including trade associations and other related referral and networking groups.
- Communicates with management and staff personnel in order to integrate goals and activities.
The Successful Applicant
- 10+ years' experience in commercial construction
- 5+ years management experience within construction
- Proven people management, leadership & coaching abilities
- Entrepreneurial drive and inclination towards the facilities department of a commercial construction company
- Understanding of financial drivers behind the facilities group of a company and how this related to business profitability
- Planning & forecasting abilities
- Strategic vision for a group within a well-established organization
What's on Offer
Interested? Submit your resume now.