You are here
Fast growing apparel start-up in need of Financial Controller!
An opporutnity to run all of the financial functions of a business.
A chance to join a rapidly growing start-up.
About Our Client
Additionally, our client has had a great start in the fashion apparel industry and has raised over $10 million in capital from a great group of investors.
The ideal candidate for this Financial Controller position will be able to handle the following responsibilities:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
The Successful Applicant
The right candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Proven working experience as a Controller
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience with apparel, retail, or manufacturing companies
- Advanced degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills (QuickBooks and Excel are a must
- 100% Awesome
What's on Offer
$115,000 to $130,000 D.O.E.