You are here
Field Engineer - Custom Home Builder
Looking for APMs, Project Engineers, Assistant Supers - 0-3 Years Experience
Seeking Commercial or Residential Experience. Bachelor's Degree Required
About Our Client
My client is a high-end residential design/build firm in Northern VA. Originally focusing on architecture and luxury residential design, in the past 5 years they have greatly expanded their building team. At this point they are seeking a motivated candidate or even a recent construction/engineering grad to work as a Field Engineer and primarily manage construction on site.
A typical renovation project ranges from $200k-$1m+, while a custom home can reach above $5m. They pride themselves on integrity, customer service and ultimately building with the highest quality. Being a smaller boutique builder, they have an extremely close group of employees that interact outside of work and focus on training other members of the team for long term success.
This role has the potential for multiple avenues of growth within the company depending on candidate's career aspirations.
The responsibilities of the Field Engineer will include the following:
- Manage all aspects of on site construction
- Oversee subcontractors
- Ensure safe material delivery and storage on site
- Interact successfully with the clients - convey daily schedule from Project Manager to Client
- Site Security
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly progress reports as necessary
The Successful Applicant
My client is looking for someone with a passion for residential construction and an appreciation for the building process. While experience is important, the main thing they are looking for is a good attitude and willingness to learn.
The ideal person for the Field Engineer role in Falls Church, VA will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related
- 0-3 years as an APM, Project Engineer of Assistant Superintendent
- Commercial or Residential experience is a plus, but not required
- Will consider fresh grads with summer relevant summer experience
- Excellent communication skills
What's on Offer
- Field Engineer / Assistant Superintendent position - Custom Home Builder - Northern VA
- $55k-$75k base salary + Benefits + Holiday Bonus
- Future career growth
- Family-oriented office culture
- Experience residential building of the highest quality