You are here
Field Service Engineer II
- Reputable Medical Company
- Optical Experience
About Our Client
International Medical Company
* Manage and conduct Onsite Service (Installation, Preventive Maintenance, Upgrade, Repair and investigation of customer claims) of microscopes and accessories, including related vendor products for the Research Clinical Market Segment.
* Proactively manage, conduct and coordinate pre installation staging and testing of SEG products. This will require following written assembly and test procedures and writing procedures for new products, then properly document, pack and ready for shipment these products.
* Process proper paperwork and inform inventory control when products are ready for shipment.
* Manage and conduct field service requirements including the prioritization of work and interface with the Sales Service Dealers, Territory Managers and Customer Service Support Team to address technical issues, assist customers and help support the optimization of company products to meet or exceed customer expectations.
* Maintain a mode of continuous learning and training of the Field Service Engineers.
* Learn all new products and repair techniques and manage the training curriculum for in house and field engineers and authorized service dealers.
* Support all Quality Assurance functions, including quality inspections of incoming Company Tokyo and vendor products with related conformance documentation, and initiate and support improvements and corrective actions with products and technical support as required.
* Support the process and execution of sample account product returns to ensure the highest quality levels for products is maintained for optimum resale value.
* Maintain contact with Company Tokyo Technical Groups to exchange information about incidence of repairs (CQIS Database System).
* Interact with Company Industrial Territory Managers, Dealers and Customers to provide information, technical updates and technical support for Company Tokyo and vendor products.
* Review repair processes with Manager, Technical Services, and identify and implement improvements in process and procedures to increase the efficiency of the overall repair process.
* Manage the organization of replacement parts price lists, instruction manuals, exploded parts diagrams, service bulletins, by working closely with the Company Tokyo Technical Liaisons and inventory staff etc., to support the needs of the business.
* Prepare required reports on products, performance and service cost as instructed by the Manager of Technical Services.
* Carry out other special assignments for the technical services operation as required.
* Perform all other essential duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Laser Optics or Mechanical Engineering is preferred; equivalent job knowledge will be considered.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in Field Service Repair in an Industrial or related discipline is required. * Experience in supervising Field Service Engineers or Technicians is desirable.
* Optics and/or Industrial Microscope experience is preferred.
* Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills for effective customer interface and communication are necessary. * Experience as a trainer or in a training role would also be preferred.
* Military training, skills, and related experience would be considered.
* Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs. from floor level to shoulder height.
* Visual acuity for detailed work is necessary.
* Ability to travel by air, rail or other means (50% to 75%) is essential.
* Must be able to use basic hand tools to conduct instrument repairs.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, overtime, bonus, and benefits