You are here
Field Service Technician Robotics/Automation/PLC
Global Manufacturer of Robotics
Growing Automation/Robotics Company Doubled Revenue in Last 4 Years
About Our Client
Our client for the Field Service Technician - Automation opportunity is a global manufacturer of robots for injection molding automation. This company owns a large portion of the US Market share and has double its revenues in the last 4 years.
The Field Service Technician - Automation will work from a home office in the Midwest area (Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan) and be responsible for startup, maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting for the robotics solutions and PLCs at the current customers. This person will be traveling 70-80% of the time to customers' facilities. This is a nonexempt position with a base salary, plus overtime (time and a half). The Field Service Technician must have a good range of knowledge within electrical, mechanical, and PLC applications. PLC experience is a must. The majority of the customers will be located in the Midwest area, however national travel will be required as well.
- Conducts on-site/in-house repairs, upgrades, installation, training, and troubleshooting assistance on equipment and PLCs
- Provide all aspects of customer support and service function including:
- Establish customer needed parts and supplies and arrange shipment as required
- While in the office, give technical support over the phone.
- Make recommendations to improve operation and performance of the equipment.
- Verify the operation and performance of the equipment as to comply with manufactured specifications
- Conduct programming of PLCs
The Successful Applicant
- Associates Degree, OR Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or relevant work experience
- At least 2 years' experience in control system design of automation and industrial equipment
- Experience in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical hardware issues
- Strong communication skills in person and over the phone
- Ability and comfortable traveling 70-80%
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary, overtime, phone, computer, company credit card, full benefits, 401K,
Field, service, technician, engineer, PLC, automation, robotics, material handling, programmable, logic, electrical, mechanical