You are here
Finanace Assistant/ AR Associate
- Well established Non-Profit Organiazation loacted in NYC
- Looking for an experianced individual with a background in Finance and AR
About Our Client
Our Client is a well established and growing non-profit organization located in New York City. Great work environment with an opportunity for career growth and new challenges.
Accounts Receivable/Gift Processing:
- Manage the day-to-day accounts receivable function for both national and regional offices;
- Monitor proper coding of restricted gifts in RE
- Post all cash receipts in a timely and accurately manor to the general ledger and reconcile GL accounts;
- Handles and processes checks, cash, credit cards on a daily basis and is responsible for ensuring that deposits equal tracking logs and income is tallied accurately by region, department and fund;
- Acknowledge gift receipts and other national gift receipts letters;
- Assists with regular reconciliation of donor database and the general ledger;
- Ensure that all gift coding, data entry is accurate for all gifts to include merging of duplicate records as needed; track all event revenue for proper reporting
- In coordination with Development team, manage pledge reminders letters;
- Process matching gifts and soft credit, conduct research on donors/foundations/companies to ensure that all gift information is data entered into database;
- Research, negotiate, track and investigate chargeback claims;
- Monitor donor account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities;
- Ensure thorough, well organized accounts receivable files;
- Investigate and resolve staff or donor queries;
- Provide administrative assistance and filing to department as needed; and
- Prepares documentation and support for annual audit process;
- Assist in the effort to maintain electronic document archiving
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The Successful Applicant
Education & Required Skills:
- Associate's degree in Accounting ,Business or related subject area
- Experience with Raisers Edge.
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience of progressive job responsibilities in accounts receivable/donor gift processing, general accounting experience, a plus.
- Must have knowledge of general bookkeeping procedures.
- Must have excellent writing and verbal communications skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills (MS Word, and Internet).
- Accurate data entry and knowledge of financial controls, gift acceptance, gift accounting and automated accounting software systems.
- Gift processing experience and working with donor database experience preferred;
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
- Ability to work within a team structure as well as independently, take initiative and be attentive to detail.
- Ability to deal with confidential information discreetly, ethically, and prudently.
- Good organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects concurrently.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary plus benefits.
- Career Growth Opportunity.