You are here
Finance Director North America
Country CFO for North America, reporting to the Global CFO in Europe
Growing organization in the U.S, looking for a Sr Finance Business Partner
About Our Client
Our client is a Joint-venture between a Global Private equity and a listed group, who have a growing organization within the global chemical distribution market.
The Finance Director has as primary responsibility to ensure that decision making is aligned with the company's objectives throughout the company in the USA and safeguard the sound financial economic position of the company. This professional is expected to add value to the company by being a trusted business partner, working in a collaborative way, providing analytics to support decision making, increasing transparency of management information, and strengthening current financial processes, systems, and data.
The role is responsible for business controlling, capital project controlling and accounting, an organization of in total 10 direct employees.
Reporting to the CEO of North America and to the Global CFO, your main responsibilities and main tasks will be to:
- Deliver as part of the USA Regional Management Team on the ambitious growth strategy for the USA, which includes a significant expansion from its current footprint.
- Partner with business managers to develop strategies and action plans to improve business performance and profitability.
- Drive deeper understanding of business economics throughout the company.
- Give financial support to ensure commercial decisions are being taken with full view of financial, resource and risk implications including compliance to company policy, laws and regulations.
- Conduct investment analysis, financial modeling and project evaluations of capital expenditures
- Coordinate regional strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Analyze financial and business performance and take actions accordingly
- Monitor every aspect of accounting, including, but not limited to, investigating expense and productivity rates;
- Review and ensure timely submission of monthly financial reports to parties inside and outside the organization.
- Ensure that all financial activities are conducted in compliance to local and national regulations. Support development of internal control environment.
- Monitor and support Treasury, financial and cash management activities for the USA
- Represent the company's financial interest with banks, auditors, legal counsel, tax authorities, and other outside contacts and professional groups to promote favorable working relations and positive response.
The Successful Applicant
Requirements and qualifications
- BIG 4 background or CPA and MBA
- University level education (Masters), ideally in Business Economics with a specialization in Finance or Accounting.
- More than 5 years working experience in a broad international business finance role in an industrial environment, preferably in the marine logistics sector.
- Demonstrable experience and solid understanding of business controlling, capital project controlling and accounting.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Team oriented mind-set
- Ambition to achieve results, pro-active, strategic insight, analytical & planning skills.
The ideal candidate would also have knowledge/experience in chemical storage, warehousing, terminal/tanker, or marine transportation/shipyards.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity for a Business Unit Director to step up as a country CFO for an international group or for an experienced North American CFO with international reporting experience.
We are looking for a hands on manager with a business partner profile.