You are here
- Advertising agency seeks Finance Director
- Opportunity to be #2 to the CFO and oversee Controller/FP&A division
About Our Client
Advertising agency under one of the big holding companies is seeking a Finance Director to oversee the Controller/FP&A division in the company's New York City offic.e
* Provide financial, operational and strategic guidance and advice for designated business unit(s).
* Prepare financial forecasts as well as monthly, quarterly and annual reporting documentation with commentary that adds value and draws attention to key issues/topics. Participate in monthly review of actuals with senior management team.
* Oversee and review applicable monthly financial closings and reconciliations. Ensure the reliability and integrity of the financial information as well as compliance with IFRS and Group corporate policies.
* Manage the components of key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency and profitability. This includes working closely with business unit management teams, ensuring their understanding of corporate financial targets and helping to drive the decisions and actions to achieve these targets.
* Execute ongoing performance analysis of responsible business unit(s) and drive initiatives to improve growth and/or margin expansion in-partnership with cross-functional teams.
* Directly manage a team of 2+ employees; Maximize the performance and contribution of each direct team member through mentoring, professional and best practice development, and leading by example.
* Involvement in rate configuration/analysis and contract negotiations for new business with associated business unit(s). Review contracts associated with business units, working with senior management, legal,
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Finance Director candidate will have:
* BS/BA in business, finance, accounting, economics or related field
* 8 to 10 years of work experience in accounting and/or finance. Advertising or service industry experience is preferred.
* 4+ years managing people/teams
* Graduate degree and/or CPA is a plus
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including intermediate or advanced Excel capabilities.
* Knowledge of IFRS and GAAP
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience.