You are here
Finance Director/Business Manager
- Incredible opportunity at one of world's largest Publishing companies
- Seeking a Finance Director/Business Manager
About Our Client
One of the world's largest Book Publishing companies is seeking a Finance Director/Business Manager. The role will report into the company's New York City office.
- Provide timely, high-quality, strategic reports and commentary on a regular and/or ad hoc basis that can support decision making for departments and imprints.
- Liaise closely when editorial, sales, production, marketing and other key stakeholders to identify critical information that may affect analyses and reporting.
- Analyze financial viability of potential programs/acquisitions by creating multiple P&L scenarios, which accurately test profitability and compliance with corporate goals.
- Assist in the development of all product and service (print and digital) initiatives such as marketing programs, investments, pricing strategy, rights and royalty issues, and terms and conditions.
- Responsible for preparing annual budgets, forecasts, and reforecasts for divisions and/or imprints; develop and maintain forecast with year-to-date results, monthly, quarterly, and annual projections, key statistics, and risks and opportunities.
- Continually improve the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Assist corporate reporting group with monthly post mortem reporting and review for parent company which includes sales and P&L narratives.
- Manage period closing processes & present monthly and quarterly financial packages to Publishers and/or department heads with a focus on performance summaries, exception management and improvement opportunities.
- Stay abreast of industry and financial trends and provide recommendations to strategically enhance the operational, business development, & financial performance of division/imprint (s).
- Govern investment commitments of division/imprint with specific focus on royalty commitments to projected title P&L's, inventory management and analytics, expense and labor capacity management, and procurement policies and decisions supporting each with management dashboards and support tools.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Finance Director/Business Manager candidate will have:
- 5 to 7 years of commensurate experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance and/or Accounting at least 3 years experience in Financial Management, a strong understanding of accounting, and prior exposure to marketing and business development. CPA or MBA is preferred but not required.
- Budget development & finance oversight experience with sound technical analytical ability, precise attention to detail, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Proven track record of gaining credibility through consultative relationships with senior management; able to work collaboratively on major projects/initiatives.
- Intelligent and articulate with the ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization; possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates dependability, a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Provides timely and accurate work product.
- High level of integrity and commitment to professional ethical standards.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization.
- A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective with the ability to look at situations from several points of view.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents.
- Well versed in systems with excellent computer skills; proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, and Access
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience.