You are here
Based in South Portland
About Our Client
My client is a provider of finanical services and information management services to the United States commercial and government vehicle fleet industry.They operate internationally and have revenues around $1b. They're are based in Portland, Maine.
The Finance Manager will lead and facilitate the timely preparation of all financial SEC filings, serve as an integral resource in the upcoming implementation of new revenue recognition standard, stay current on technical accounting developments/communicate expected impacts to senior management and work alongside human resources and the legal departments to ensure proper accounting for the company's equity compensation awards. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist in the preparation of all financial SEC filings (10-Q's, 10-K's, 8-K's, etc.), including the review of certain workpapers completed by the financial reporting analyst
- Interpret and communicate potential implementation impacts of new FASB and SEC accounting standards. For significant amendments, work with cross-functional teams to ensure impacts are captured, reported and disclosed completely and accurately
- Manage stock compensation process, including the establishment of forfeiture rates, assumptions used in option valuation model
- Review of quarterly equity compensation journal entries, budget and forecast of equity compensation information
- Assist in preparation of quarterly earnings release, tie-out release and related conference call script
- Draft quarterly memoranda to executives and the audit committee outlining noteworthy topics and newly included items within our quarterly and annual SEC financial reports
- Prepare other external reporting filings as necessary
- Draft technical accounting position papers as required
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 financial reporting and equity controls
- Assist in annual goodwill impairment analysis
- Demonstrate ability to streamline accounting processes and procedures to increase productivity and accuracy
- Support annual audit and quarterly reviews conducted by an external accounting firm to ensure timely and efficient fulfillment of auditor requests.
- Oversee the Company's compliance with eXtensible Business Reporting Language ("XBRL") reporting requirements as governed by the SEC.
- Uses PeopleSoft GL, Host Analytics and Workiva on a daily basis.
Send resume in today for consideration within 24 hours!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, you will possess the following:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- CPA (non-negotiable)
- Solid understanding of revenue
- Demonstrated technical accounting and research skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Strong team building skills
What's on Offer
- Base salary of $ 100,000
- Performance related bonus scheme
- 23 days PTO in addition to 10 days paid holidays
- Medical, dental and vision
- Matching 401K up to 6%, vests immediately (after 1 year of service)
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $ 5,000 / annum
- Parental leave of 6 full weeks, for either parent.