You are here
Looking for a Finance Manager for our growing team
Managing experience a plus
About Our Client
A top rated company to work for in NYC looking to grow our Finance team.
- Work with client leadership to develop and manage annual and multi-year budgets.
- Maintain general ledger and subsidiary journals to support financial activities/transactions.
- Manager A/P and A/R functions.
- Complete reconciliation of bank statements.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions.
- Close the books each month.
- Record entries related to petty cash and debit and credit card use.
- Track purchase orders and packing slips according to procurement policies.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal financial reporting requirements.
- Prepare financial reports for leadership and/or the governing board of directors/trustees.
- Ensure proper documentation and implementation of government-funded grant programs
- Record and track income and expenses related to all public and private contracts and grants.
- Analyze and prepare the schedules for annual audits and work closely with outside CPA firms.
- Attend meetings with board of directors/trustees and/or finance committee.
- Reconcile benefit payroll deductions with enrollment paperwork.
- Review financial back-up documentation.
- Provide routine feedback to client and team members for accuracy and completeness.
The Successful Applicant
- Microsoft Office
- Quick Books or similar accounting software
- Payroll Management Software (ADP, Paychex, or similar)
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excel at managing people, processes, organization, analyzing information and problem-solving.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Never settle for status quo and embrace change.
- Understand that audits and financial statements really are fun.
- Don't believe you know everything.
- Are willing and able to receive feedback. We never point fingers.
- Have great attention to detail and take pride in the end result.
- Strive to add value to your team and are willing to assist wherever necessary.
- Enjoy travel to our clients' locations throughout five boroughs
- We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 4+ years of bookkeeping, financial reporting and financial management experience, including audit management.
- Prior experience working in ad agency a plus
- Prior management of multiple clients and team members is a plus.
What's on Offer
- Health, Dental, and Vision.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus and 401k Match.
- Wellness Program and TransitChek.