You are here
About Our Client
Multinational leading mining Company that is developing a large project in Panama.
The main responsibilities are to:
- Ensure financial systems are implemented to provide timely, accurate and relevant information for end users
- Develop strong working relationships with end users
- Complete all month-end accounting procedures and reporting within Group deadlines.
- Implement appropriate internal controls with the operating environment
- Oversee the payroll and compliance/taxation functions to ensure that all statutory requirements are met
- Supervise financial accounting, payroll, capital projects and accounts payable functions.
- Coordinate the external and internal audit process.
- Undertake all treasury functions including monthly cash forecasting and reporting.
- Ensure that finance team have the necessary skills and experience to support the business requirements; organize team member’s individual development programs
- Manage an lead the activities of the team to ensure business objectives are met
- Contribute, through strong leadership, to the company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor´s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, postgraduate qualifications desirable (CPA, MBA). Minimum of 10 years relevant financial experience. A strong supervisory background with proven ability to train and mentor staff, proficient in Microsoft application software. Experience with JD Edwards and Hyperion software desirable. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with all stakeholders. Advanced Spanish and English language skills – written and spoken. Availability to live 100 kilometres far from Panama City.