You are here
Financial Analyst - 1 Year Contract
Empire State Building location!
About Our Client
This company is a leading Retail company with a start-up feel. The office is located in Midtown, New York. This company is extensively growing and is hiring a Financial Analyst to assist with expanding operations.
* Prepares and analyzes P&L statements
* Performs moderately complex financial analyses. Analyze and evaluate a project's operating results and financial position.
* Coordinates accounting matters with other departments and locations
* Performs monthly variance analyses of revenues and expenses for various existing or new projects.
* Participates in special projects as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job of Financial Analyst. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
* Bachelor degree in Business Administration or role with at least 3 years of relevant work experience
* Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
* Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
* Strong technical knowledge of forecasting and financial modeling.
* Able to work with managers throughout company in analyzing financial situations.
* Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows.
* Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
* Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
What's on Offer
Competitive hourly rate with added benefits, in a company with a relaxed team-oriented environment. Also, get to work in the Empire State Building!