You are here
Financial Analyst, Corporate Accounting
Fantastic career progression
Great team culture
About Our Client
This is a leading investment bank, specializing in global financial services. Based in central midtown, New York, NY.
- Responsible for creating, reviewing and posting journal entries including cash, accruals, prepaid expenses, loans, partnership transactions, and payroll.
- Prepare, review and reconcile monthly accruals and prepare balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepare P&L variance analysis for monthly Finance Department.
- Support Financial Planning & Analysis group by analyzing and comparing balance sheet and income statement trends and variances by investigating unusual and material inconsistencies.
- Distribute daily intercompany balance report; work with legal entity controllers to ensure intercompany breaks are cleared on a timely basis.
- Coordinate with external auditors, internal auditors, compliance, legal and the tax departments to provide documentation for quarterly and annual auditing requests.
- Prepare management reports and assist in preparing supporting schedules for 10-Qs, 10-Ks and requested documents for FINRA and CFTC requirements/filings.
The Successful Applicant
- Accounting Degree
- Strong analytical and conceptual accounting skills.
- 2-6 years accounting experience and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- CPA a plus
What's on Offer
- Great opportunity to grow your career
- Fanatic team culture
- Great base and benefits package