You are here
Financial Analyst (New Jersey) - Law Firm
Exciting Opportunity working for a thriving Law Firm in NYC
A driven individual with a strong Accounting background and Law Firm experiance
About Our Client
This well-known Law Firm has a diverse practice that generally includes real estate, estate planning, and litigation. Located in both NJ and NYC - must be able to commute to both locations.
- Assist in providing all analytical support for various practice groups and offices within the business on a monthly and ad hoc basis; analyze performance and develop and communicate recommendations to improve, if necessary.
- Assist in preparing, consolidating and analyzing Firm budgets; monitor and review expenditures to budgeted amounts throughout the year.
- Support the development of business unit profitability metrics including productivity, fates, realization, leverage, and profit margin.
- Analyze our financial strategy by creating short and long term forecasting information; will require strong understanding of accounting and the ability to draw upon knowledge in order to produce accurate forecasts.
- Assist with timekeeper analytics including profitability and compensation analysis; prepare statistical reports related to the attorney performance evaluation program.
- Perform ad hoc requests for analysis of financial data as directed by management.
- Assist in developing and implementing opportunities to streamline processes and enhance business and process efficiencies.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance
- Law firm or other professional services experience preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required; ability to effectively present group findings to Firm management and all levels of professional and support staff.
- Ability to quickly summarize and communicate ideas and concepts and work effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Possess strong decision making, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Capacity to understand, analyze, and summarize financial data in a clear concise manner to both finance and law professionals.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite knowledge, must be highly proficient in Excel.
- Experience with ProLaw or Elite is a plus
- Must be able to commute to both New Jersey and Manhattan locations.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including: health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance, employer HSA contribution and 401k match, paid time off, holidays.