You are here
- Boston based
- Law firm
About Our Client
My client has over 1000 professional consultants based across North America and Europe. Their global head quarter's in in Boston, MA.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for a wide variety of financial reporting and analysis to support the partners and other internal clients to enable them to make sound business decisions. This work will include a variety of tasks including: reporting, analysis of KPIs, operational analysis, supporting the monthly close and general financial analysis. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Support the business by producing ad hoc and routine analyses of legal practices, geographic locations, types of business, etc., for purposes of determining growth and profitability. Assist practice and office leaders to interpret results which helps guide their view of financial results and actions they may take.
- Participate in the monthly close process of the financial books.Produce and audit reports on activity and other metrics to be included in the monthly financial reports and develop presentations to inform senior management.
- Actively contribute to the creation and improvement of standard reporting of law firm metrics and KPIs to be used by internal management for the purposes of managing their practice or function within the firm.
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize current reporting and develop new approaches to gain efficiency and more insight into financial results.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in financial reporting and analysis preferably, in a law firm or service industry
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Strong technical analysis skills, including data mining experience coupled with advanced Excel capabilities
- Knowledge of legal services financial and reporting systems; inclusive of products such as Elite, Business Objects and Tableau.
- Sufficient knowledge of graphics/presentation software such as Microsoft PowerPoint is preferred.
- Must have the ability to analyze financial data and prepare concise reports to assist management in understanding variances and make risk assessments.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
What's on Offer
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Medical, vision and dental
- Life, disability and long term care insurance
- Time off benefits
- 401K & Pension Plan
- Backup day care
- Employee assistance program
- Subsidized gym membership
- Fitness program
- Transport benefit
- Tuition assistance.