You are here
- Privately owned wholesale bank
- Seeking a Financial Analyst
About Our Client
Our client is a privately-owned wholesale bank in New York.
- Upload the actual data from the GL system into the Infor budgeting system daily and update the transactional data for all operating expense and selected balance sheet accounts for use in analyzing account activity daily.
- Assist in the monitoring of operating expense accounts in the Bank's general ledger for accuracy and integrity of the transactions. Make the necessary adjusting journal entries and provide advice to other units of the Bank on how to charge expenses and how to prepare adjusting entries.
- At month-end, support the preparation of analytical reports to the CFO such as operating expense variance analysis, allocation, and compliance expense analysis.
- Monitor the project expenditures charged to the Lawson Project and Activity Accounting module for accuracy and integrity of the transactions that includes the capitalization of the projects and disposal of fully depreciated assets. Also, advise managers in other units of the Bank on how to charge these expenditures correctly.
- Publish the monthly project tracking reports that capture the actual vs. budgeted project expenditures by Bankwide and Group.
- At quarter-end, assist in the preparation of the service fee income analysis report.
- Participate in the calculation of the annual incentive compensation award for all plan participants
- Support the development, maintenance, and enhancement of analytical reporting tools for the preparation of financial reports such as revenue and expense variance analysis, compliance expense analysis, IT cost study, and cost allocations.
- Provide ad-hoc reports for the managers of the department to be used when preparing in-depth analytical reports.
- Participate in special projects as requested by the CFO or other senior managers of the Bank.
Annual Budgeting and Forecasting
- Participate in the development of the annual business plan and forecast, including the review of the baseline operating expenses and service fees revenue submissions in the Infor Budgeting and Reporting application.
- Participate in the review of new projects that were submitted in the New Project Submission System ("NPSS").
- Assist in the development of the annual capital forecast for the current year and the amount to be carry forwarded into the following year, and in the development of the forecasted and planned depreciation expenses by cost center.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget packages for group heads review and the board of directors' approval.
- Maintain and update the operating expense reports that query the data from the Bank's budgeting and reporting application, and prepare the operating expenses report by business units, by line items, and by trend reports (actual vs. plan and forecast vs. plan).
- Assist in developing the activity codes and account categories for approved project expenditures to be loaded into the Lawson Project and Activity Accounting module.
Applications Maintenance and Enhancement
- Participate in the maintenance of the Infor budgeting application.
- Assist in the maintenance and enhancement of the Bank's new project submission system and Infor Lawson Project & Activity Accounting (AC) and Asset Management (AM) applications.
- Participate in the implementation of new reporting and analytical software.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Statistics, or Mathematics required. MBA or MS in Finance preferred.
- Strong financial reporting and analysis skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, accurately, and promptly
- Ability to work in organized and logical manner
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with all levels of the organization
- Strong technical skills including proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong business writing and summarization skills
Minimum 3 years of experience in budgeting and financial reporting such as financial forecasting and analysis in the Banking or Financial institutions. Working knowledge of General Accounting and Budgeting applications preferred.
What's on Offer
- Base salary
- 401K with a 6% match
- Tuition re-imbursement up to $20K per year after a year of working with the bank