You are here
Financial Controller - Construction
Family Owned Construction Company - Close Knit Team
Top Level Financial Business Partner Needed - Construction Experience Essential
About Our Client
This family-owned Construction company are slowly becoming a large player in the Boston Construction Space and are located near Weymouth, MA. From University Projects to Restaurant and Retail Projects this Construction Company are looking to identify a Financial Controller who understands the sector inside out, somebody they can rely upon to manage the finances and assist with operations decisions. If interested, please read the details below and apply.
- Oversee the company's accounting systems, including the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll accounts. These accounts are to be reconciled monthly.
- Ensure that monthly financial statements and WIP's are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Review the financial statements with the President prior to the month-end closing date.
- Compile workman's compensation hours and totals weekly and for year-end audits. Prepare for annual audit of general liability insurance, workman's compensation, and other insurance coverage.
- Review reconciled bank statements. Assist the President in coordinating cash management services and overall banking relationships. Assess the company's needs and evaluate the bank's response to those needs.
- In coordination with President, generate operating budgets and forecasts. Monitor financial performance against the budgets on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate timely payments of all overhead expenses. Help minimize late payments on any account.
- Maintain and reconcile all accrual and prepaid accounts on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain an accounting manual for corporate and project accounting.
- Act as primary liaison for auditors, insurers & surety companies.
- Oversee the Human Resources area including payroll and employee benefits. Work with the Human Resources to establish and communicate human resource policies.
- Develop tax strategies and monitor the company's operations for compliance.
- Monitor the accounts receivable collection process as well as the accounts payable compliance with regard to late payments and subcontractor contract requirements.
- Monitor overall cash management process including liquidity requirements, investments, and accounts receivable and payable.
- Provide Senior Management and each project with cash flow analysis on a monthly basis.
- Attend "Review monthly cost reports with Project Managers. Offer analysis on monthly changes and identify any potential cost issues on each project.
- Assist with job close out process to make sure all billings are complete and accurate.
- Performing full-function job cost accounting
- Enter monthly subcontract invoices into Accounting System; Pay subcontract invoices when payment is received;
- Track, in coordination with the Project Coordinator and Project Manager, supporting documents required for subcontractor payment (lien releases, insurance certificates, executed subcontract agreements); withhold payments until subcontractors are in compliance
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree.
- Controllership experience at a Construction Company Essential.
- Software Experience in QuickBooks ideal - other Construction Software experience recommended.
- General Accounting and Project Accounting Experience Essential.
What's on Offer
The Financial Controller - Construction will enjoy the opportunity to truly find business they can call home. Our client is looking for a long term candidate who can enjoy the future growth of the company and ultimately become a CFO/ Finance Business Partner. Our client is looking for the best Controller candidates out there so there is the following available:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 401K plan
- Health Insurance
- Executive PTO Allowance.
- Opportunity to become CFO.
If interested, please apply.