You are here
Financial Controller - Construction
Timberline/ SAGE 300 Experience Essential
$40M General Contractor looking to double in size
About Our Client
General Contracting Construction Company located in Boston, MA. The company are growing in headcount and revenue and are seeking a Timberline/SAGE 300 software expert to join the business.
- Oversee the company's accounting systems, including the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll accounts. These accounts are to be reconciled monthly.
- Ensure that monthly financial statements and WIP's are prepared in a timely and accurate manner. Review the financial statements with the President prior to the month-end closing date.
- Compile workman's compensation hours and totals weekly and for year-end audits. Prepare for annual audit of general liability insurance, workman's compensation, and other insurance coverage.
- Review reconciled bank statements. Assist the President in coordinating cash management services and overall banking relationships. Assess the company's needs and evaluate the bank's response to those needs.
- In coordination with President, generate operating budgets and forecasts. Monitor financial performance against the budgets on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate timely payments of all overhead expenses. Help minimize late payments on any account.
- Maintain and reconcile all accrual and prepaid accounts on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain an accounting manual for corporate and project accounting.
- Act as primary liaison for auditors, insurers & surety companies.
- Oversee the Human Resources area including payroll and employee benefits. Work with the Human Resources to establish and communicate human resource policies.
- Develop tax strategies and monitor the company's operations for compliance.
- Monitor the accounts receivable collection process as well as the accounts payable compliance with regard to late payments and subcontractor contract requirements.
- Monitor overall cash management process including liquidity requirements, investments, and accounts receivable and payable.
- Provide Senior Management and each project with cash flow analysis on a monthly basis.
- Attend "Review monthly cost reports with Project Managers. Offer analysis on monthly changes and identify any potential cost issues on each project.
- Assist with job close out process to make sure all billings are complete and accurate.
- Performing full-function job cost accounting
- Enter monthly subcontract invoices into Accounting System; Pay subcontract invoices when payment is received;
- Track, in coordination with the Project Coordinator and Project Manager, supporting documents required for subcontractor payment (lien releases, insurance certificates, executed subcontract agreements); withhold payments until subcontractors
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree.
- Controller experience at a Construction Company Essential.
- Software Experience in Timberline/SAGE 300 essential - other Construction Software experience recommended.
- General Accounting and Project Accounting Experience Essential.
What's on Offer
The Financial Controller - Construction will run the Accounting and Finance team for this General Contracting Company. Working directly with the President of the business the Financial Controller - Construction will enjoy:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 401 K Plan
- Health Insurance
If interested, please apply below.