You are here
Financial Controller - Engineering Consultancy Firm
"Work from home" available
International Engineering Consultancy Firm
About Our Client
My client has their headquarters overseas but their regional steering committee in downtown Boston. They have the stability and security of having a large, conglomerate parent company but the Independence and autonomy of a medium sized consultancy firm. Main operations are in the USA and Canada.
The successful Financial Controller will be responsible for the collection and processing of accurate financial data, costing analysis and all project accounting related to specific large scale professional services projects. Reporting directly into the Managing Director of this market leading consultancy, the role is located within the global corporate function and manages a small finance team. Main duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Forecasting and budgeting
- Project management/ client management
- Project control from a finance perspective
- Tendering for new projects
- Client billing requirements
- Cost tracking and analysis
- Monthly management accounts.
- Managing a small finance team
- Liaising with the auditors
- Year end accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Timely filings
- State Tax installments
- Continual increase in efficiency around accounting procedures and processes.
- In line with a recent systems implementation, management of Agresso/ ABW accounting system and all associated responsibilities.
Essentially, the overriding component of this role is to be the "right hand" of the Managing Director from a finance perspective. The successful incumbent will be help to steer the business operations and have genuine and real strategic input.
Apply today using the online function for consideration within 48 hours!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, you will poses the following:
- Bachelors in Accounting/ Accounting related field
- Higher accountancy qualification. Masters, MBA in Accounting or designated CPA (ideal)
- Systems experience in ABW/ Agresso (essential and non-negotiable)
- Ability to manage a team (both locally and remotely)
- Be able to travel nationally, once a quarter. (essential).
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Downtown Boston location
- Casual working environment
- Work from home on Fridays.