You are here
Financial Controller, Fashion, Luxury, New York
Controller, Assistant Controller, CPA, Financial Controller, Accountant
About Our Client
Established over 40 years ago, with industry leading status and an ever growing presence across North America.
$375mm revenue organization, the Financial Controller shall report to the Board of Directors, CEO and CFO in France.
Offices based just a 6 minute walk from Times Square 42nd St. - great commute from NJ too!
- Lead the monthly accounting and forecast process by managing the compilation of financial results for a mid-sized private equity owned business, understanding drivers of change within the financial results, presenting to leadership, and maintaining corporate deliverables and deadlines.
- Oversee/develop annual and seasonal sales, margin, inventory and high-level expense plans, partnering across functions to ensure alignment of those plans with all departments.
- Develop and implement inventory procurement process/controls and trend analyses.
- Set up system to monitor and review replenishment inventory, including understanding weekly/monthly sales trends and proper purchase time frames to ensure proper inventory levels.
- Drive profitable revenue growth through insightful and proactive analysis of sales opportunities and risks/contingencies and through insightful reporting and analysis of revenue results and key drivers.
- Lead a successful annual budgeting process by compiling and presenting financial models, leading the budget submission process, maintaining flexibility in a fast-pasted environment, presenting financial results and highlighting risk & opportunity for leadership, and meeting corporate deadlines.
- Prepare the P&L forecast for the business, analyzing trends, and challenging assumptions.
- Present the P&L monthly to leadership highlighting financial performance and risk/opportunity.
- Act as primary liaison to CEO and CFO to understand their needs and work to support any ad hoc analyses and requests.
- Develop key performance metrics and implement controls to ensure divisions achieve their financial and operational goals including improved profitability, customer profitability, sales margin analysis, cash flow, samples expense and inventory management.
- Engage in the strategic planning process evaluating current and future strategic initiatives.
Prepare presentations and supporting exhibits for monthly leadership team review
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 7-9 years of professional experience in finance, with experience operating in a Wholesale/Fashion/Apparel organization is extremely advantageous.
- Extensive accounting and analysis experience.
- Experience implementing systems is advantageous
What's on Offer
You will be provided with a new wardrobe of our products each quarter - worth over $5,000
90% off RRP for all our products