You are here
Opportunity to join a recently acquiring by public company real estat business
Looking for qualified Controllers to implement systems, process & procedure
About Our Client
Based in West LA, our client is a leader in the corporate housing and accommodations sector with locations coast to coast and annual sales over $500M.
The Controller is responsible for directing the organization's accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining the organization's accounting principles, practices, and procedures; overseeing the preparation and evaluation of budgets and other financial operating reports; and presenting findings and recommendations to top management.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and performance of department.
- Manages the development of monthly financial reports for all entities and divisions
- Interacts with company management, department heads, and operation analysts to ensure financial accuracy and compliance
- Supervises the Corporate Accounting department
- Coordinates the annual budgets
- Coordinates the annual certified audit
- Coordinates staff development and training, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Oversees the International Accounting Departments
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or relevant field, Masters highly preferred
- CPA qualified highly preferred
- 7+ years of progressive public accounting experience with heavy GAAP compliance exposure
What's on Offer
Salary, bonus and benefits are commensurate based on experience.