You are here
Financial Controller, Finance, Accounting, Startup
Controller, Finance, Accounting
About Our Client
Established 28 years ago, with industry leading status and an ever growing presence across North America.
Circa $450mm revenue organization, with 2 U.S. offices and plans to expand further in the next 3 years.
Offices based just a 5 minute walk from the Lexington Avenue 59th St. N/Q Subway station.
- Oversee all general accounting and control activities
- Work with accounting team to ensure reporting/account reconciliation is accurate and timely
- Report monthly results against budget/forecast, including detailed variance analysis
- Work with CFO to monitor & manage operating budgets and forecasts
- Manage external audit and tax compliance
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial data, in accordance with GAAP, to the CFO
- Ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality within the organization and exhibit the highest degree of personal and professional integrity
- Keep abreast of emerging accounting and finance trends
- Set goals, objectives and priorities; assign and review work of staff
- Coach and develop staff; planning, monitoring, and appraising performance
- Interface with other departments on special projects, as needed
The Successful Applicant
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience
- 4+ years of experience in an Accounting management role
- CPA required; public accounting and/or public company experience preferred
- Consumer goods experience recommended, as well as inventory and manufacturing / contract manufacturing accounting experience
- Experience with ERP systems; EPICOR would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and develop positive cross-functional working relationships
- A strong leadership aptitude; ability to mentor talent and foster career development
- Excellent project management, organizational and communication skills, with the ability to address both technical and non-technical audiences
What's on Offer
Great benefits, Christmas to New Year shut down, summer Fridays, cellphone and MacBook provided to enable you to work flexible hours, with the opportunity to work from home at your convenience.