You are here
Financial controls reporting associate
A large financial investment bank in the New York area
A well qualified financial controls reporting associate in the New York area
About Our Client
Our client is a large financial investment bank in the greater New York area.
A financial controls reporting associate will provide an organized and effective approach to documenting and testing controls. This candidate will actively work with the control owners in Finance and other business units and coordinate with various control disciplines (e.g. service organization reporting, internal audit, operational risk management).
The Successful Applicant
The Financial controls reporting associate will be required to:
- Understand external audit requirements to provide appropriate internal control and management testing documentation that meets external auditor needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of application of accounting principles and related impact on internal controls over financial reporting
- Support the implementation of a coordinated SOX approach through the use of an automated GRC tool (Archer)
- Assist in developing and monitoring project plans to projected time lines
- Document and evaluate control deficiencies and work with management to ensure that appropriate remediation steps are taken
- Perform management testing of key controls
- Prepare status reporting and decks for the Steering Group and other key governance committees
- Demonstrate knowledge of key guidance [The Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission ("COSO 2013 Framework") and other PCAOB and SEC requirements] supporting the FCR process
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally to build positive relationships across the business, control functions and with external audit
- Bachelor's degree or higher required
- 4 - 6 years of prior work experience preferred
- Professional qualification preferred (e.g. CA, CPA, CIA, CISA or equivalent credential), or in-progress
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley and COSO 2013
What's on Offer
Our client is offering a competitive market rate.