You are here
Financial Economist - Debt & Housing Markets
Bank located in New York City
Massive Career Growth Opportunity
About Our Client
The Financial Economist role is with a bank located in midtown Manhattan - New York City. The person in this role will write technical and non-technical reports and forecasts on the debt and housing markets. The Financial Economist will be working closely with the CEO to advise him/her on economic topics and market trends
- Advise CEO on economic topics.
- Write various technical and non-technical reports on economic and market trends and forecasts to inform customers and various constituents.
- Write articles for publication in Bank newsletters.
- Compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends.
- Examine data from segment of housing market in order to perform economic analysis of purchase rates, effects of interest rates, prepayment risk, default risk, or other trends that could affect the products or services provided by the Bank
- Provide presentations to a range of stakeholders.
- Convert complex data and findings into understandable tables, graphs, and written reports.
Regular contact with all Management Committee members and other Bank officers and staff.
Frequent contact with Bank Directors, Bank Customers and various stakeholders.
The Successful Applicant
A Master's degree or PhD in Economics, Finance, Statistics or related quantitative field is required. A minimum of 3 years' experience in a financial institution is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to synthesize complex information effectively in order to arrive at sound views, judgments, and conclusions.
- Excellent analytic and quantitative skills, including the ability to understand, interpret, and utilize complex data and financial information.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and problem solving skills and organizes data and information in a manner that effectively communicates issues.
- Knowledge of financial markets including GSE debt market and housing market.
- Must be able to explain their work to others and give presentations to clients on economic issues.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in financial institutions
- In-depth knowledge and experience in:
- Macroeconomic analysis and capital markets.
- Sophisticated economic models.
- Conducting research projects on banking and capital markets.
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits