You are here
Financial Reporting Accountant
- Large Hedge Fund
- Excellent opportunity out of Public Accounting
About Our Client
Our client is a well regarded Hedge Fund with operations worldwide. They had grown at an impressive rate over the course of the last 3 years and are now looking to hire a Senior Associate to join their team to provide additional color in their financial reporting process.
- Prepare the audited financial statements for all the investment funds and corporate entities, ensuring compliance with GAAP, accuracy of information and completeness of presentation and disclosures.
- Research, develop and define accounting policy for all the investment funds, broker-dealer entities and corporate entities. This includes understanding the implications of any new GAAP requirements and ensuring compliance with existing GAAP.
- Implementation of new accounting policies or updating existing policies for changes in organization structures or changes to reporting requirements.
- Assist other departments when accounting policy and reporting questions arise by performing the relevant accounting research and assisting in the discussion for the proper answer.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of combined/consolidated financial statements for the operating structure.
- Assist in managing the relationship with the external auditors and coordinating the audit between the external auditors, the fund administrator and the financial control accounting group, ensuring the audit reports get issued timely and any audit issues get dealt with efficiently and effectively.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 2 years' professional experience, ideally in financial services or investment management.
- Big 4 public accounting experience.
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Excellent excel and word skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong personal drive to independently solve new and complex problems.
- High energy and enthusiasm, with a strong commitment to achieving team goals.
- Flexibility and openness to work on a variety of assignments and manage multiple workflows.
- Ability to learn quickly and make an immediate impact.
What's on Offer
Our client has a competitive comp package on offer, and will to hire people based off skills. Rough guidance is $70,000-$90,000.