You are here
Financial Reporting & Budgeting Manager
Massachusetts Regional Bank
About Our Client
My client is customer-centric, full service regional bank. They have several branches across the state and focus on their customers, their community and profit.
Supporting all internal and external financial reporting activities including budgets and forecasts as well as preparation of SEC and regulatory financial reporting. Participate in SOX testing efforts, month end close and general finance and accounting operations. Prepares numerous accounting estimates and reconciliations of complex general ledger accounts.
Main duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Develop responsibility center budget production and ongoing monitoring and forecasting with various bank executives
- Prepare monthly Board of Director Financial Reporting Package
- Forecast Fixed Asset and Prepaid depreciation projections
- Prepare various internal key metric reports and related analysis
- Prepare management and Board reports presenting monthly and quarterly results
- Assist in timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting and reporting guidance
- Perform SOX testing and related process documentation
- Assist in production of the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K, earnings releases, Call Reports and various other periodic regulatory filings
- Actively participate in the month end close process
- Support external and internal audit efforts by providing necessary support, and work collaboratively with other business units.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to develop and maintain reporting and communication , while fostering a team culture of process improvement and innovation
- Interact with a variety of Bank personnel in resolving various accounting related issues
- Participate in accounting for and preparation of analyses related to areas including the allowance for loan losses, stock-based compensation, investment securities, income taxes and various other complex accruals.
- Participate in the annual budget process
- Develop a full understanding of the Bank's financial systems and operations
- Prepare various general ledger reconciliations as needed
- Special projects on an ad-hoc basis
Apply today for consideration within 48 hours!
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Candidate should have a BS degree in accounting
- Masters and/or CPA preferred
- 4+ year progressive public accounting and/or bank accounting/finance experience.
- Exposure to SEC reporting and the banking industry are preferred
- Candidates must have analytical and conceptual thinking skills, and an eagerness to learn new tasks and concepts.
- Candidates will have a superior knowledge of MS Excel and strong understanding of U.S. GAAP.
- Must be a team player and be deadline oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to work extended hours as needed during peak periods such as month-end close and quarter-end reporting.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Low-cost premium Medical Insurance
- Low-cost premium Dental Insurance
- Low-cost premium Vision Care
- No-cost Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Buy-Up Life, Auto, Homeowners or Renters Insurance Benefits
- Buy-Up Life, Auto, Homeowners or Renters Insurance Benefits
- No-cost Life Insurance
- Up to 7.5% match on the 401K (Retirement) Plan
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Vacation, Personal & Sick Days in addition to 11 Paid Holidays & Birthday Off.