You are here
Fraud Detection Analyst
Top tier financial services firm located in Wilmington, DE
Massive career growth opportunity
About Our Client
Top tier Financial Services firm located in Wilmington, DE. This firm is in a massive growth period with huge internal growth potential.
- Role holder is responsible for identification of emerging fraud trends and patterns through development and management of analytics based reporting with an objective to quickly deploy necessary strategies for remediation of the identified fraud risk and minimize fraud loss impact and risk across all products and all fraud types.
- Role holder will be conducting analysis of current and historic data (e.g. authorizations, write off data) to keep Fraud systems and processes at the cutting edge of fraud detection
- Identify data driven fraud patterns and trends through analytics based reporting and recommend fraud rules to address the trend.
- Develop and enhance reporting to rapidly identify fraud patterns using variance and anomaly detection.
- Perform data analysis to keep analytical processes at the cutting edge of fraud detection by identifying areas of potential fraud risk and/or potential opportunity to improve fraud strategies.
- Conduct defect reviews to potentially identify any gaps in Fraud strategies.
- Accountable for communicating emerging fraud trends and sharing fraud trend reporting to relevant business stakeholders
- Update Senior Management on specific areas of fraud risk and/or potential opportunity related to identification and mitigation of emerging fraud trends.
- Strong analytical ability to identify fraud patterns in data and ability to capture fraud trends through analysis and to quantify their potential impact to fraud detection.
- Ability to understand the entire authorization process flow to ensure effectiveness of fraud controls.
The Successful Applicant
- Four-year bachelor's college degree in quantitative discipline required (ex. Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, Computer Science, and Engineering)
- 2+ years analytical work experience performing data and/or statistical analysis
- 2+ years programming experience in SQL/SAS/Unix/Oracle programming
- Credit card experience strongly preferred especially in risk management function
- Experience in Fraud detection preferred, but not required
- Masters or Higher degree in Quantitative discipline preferred
- Strong analytical skills, technical skills in SAS/SQL and statistical skills with proven ability to process vast amounts of data into meaningful information
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations
- Strong communication skills & ability to work independently
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced environment
What's on Offer
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits