You are here
Fund Accountant Analyst
Leading Global Fund
Located in New Jersey
About Our Client
My client, located in Princeton, NJ, is a leading global investment manager.
- Reviews and approves NAV calculations for a range of alternative investment fund products
- Manages a high volume of third-party vendor invoices, coordinates with internal AP and external third-parties for timely and accurate payments.
- Performs detailed reviews and analysis of key reconciliations performed by third party administrators and contributes to resolutions
- Reviews portfolio P&L in connection with approval of NAVs and remediates outages between internal and external calculations.
- Recalculates management and performance fees, including those based on highwatermarks and hurdles, in connection with NAV reviews and approvals
- Reviews annual audited financial statements
- Liaises with funds' independent auditors and administrators
- Supports required regulatory filings
- Communicates performance results to investors and resolve investors' questions
The Successful Applicant
- BS/BA degree in business administration or accounting, CPA a plus
- 2 or more years of relevant investment / fund accounting or public accounting (audit) work experience, specifically supporting hedge funds
- Solid working knowledge of various financial instruments (swaps, futures, forwards, etc.) and accounting for those instruments
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement presentation for investment companies
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Has the ability to manage projects, works well under pressure and meets deadlines
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office products, emphasis on Excel
What's on Offer
My client located in Princeton, NJ is offering a competitive base and room to grow in a leading global company.