You are here
Fund Accounting Manager
Leading Hedge Fund Seeks Accounting Manager - Urgent Hire!
Great Opportunity to Join Growing Firm in Local NY/CT Area
About Our Client
Our client, based in Stamford, CT, is a leading hedge fund manager with over $4B in AUM. Our client has created a great work environment that sees little turnover and has experienced growth over the last few years. Due to this growth, the Finance/Operations team is seeking a Fund Accounting Manager.
Well known to have a great work/life balance, our client additionally offers competitive compensation packages and fully paid benefits.
In this role, the Fund Accounting Manager will assist the organization in all areas relating to fund accounting and financial reporting. While communicating with all members of the organization, the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Assist in all aspects of financial reporting
- Assist in all aspects of other directly advised funds including a UCIT, an open-end mutual fund, Investment Partnerships and a Separately Managed accounts across several different platforms
- Assist in Partnership accounting for the firm
- Direct and review fund audits and tax reporting
- Interact with administrators, auditors, prime broker and other counterparties and service providers
- Learn all aspects of firm's middle office, which includes trade processing, settlements, resolving trade breaks, daily margin calculations across various counterparties, and daily communication with firm's risk team
The Successful Applicant
The Fund Accounting Manager will have the following qualifications/characteristics:
- Bachelor Degree (CPA highly preferred)
- Big 4 Public Accounting Experience (ideally for Fund clients)
- 5 -10 years of accounting experience at a Hedge Fund, Mutual Fund or PE firm
- Ability to communicate well and multi-task
- Proficiency in Excel and Advent Geneva a plus
- Team player
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to join a leading firm that offers stability, competitive salary packages and a great work/life balance.