You are here
Environmental Engineering Services
About Our Client
Providing integrated ecological and engineering consulting services. Offering expertise in aquatic and terrestrial ecology, water resources engineering, and geotechnical investigations, staff provides a full suite of environmental services.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a proven track record of successful responsibility both in terms of increased project complexity and project role (i.e., project engineer-to-project manager, client contact progression, budget responsibility, etc.), as well as technical deliverable preparation. The ability to independently solve engineering problems, concerns, or conflicts and take on a project ownership role is essential.
A minimum of 4-to-6 years of relevant experience and progressive responsibility within several areas with the following areas being required: performance of geotechnical field investigations (e.g., observing and logging test borings, test pits, evaluation of seasonal high water table, performing infiltration testing), geotechnical and construction field inspection (e.g., subgrade, foundations, earthwork, stormwater management facilities, concrete, pavement, masonry, structural steel, etc.), performance or familiarity with soils laboratory testing, soils classification, performance of technical analysis and calculations (i.e., soil bearing capacity, shallow and deep foundation design, various earth retaining system designs, and development of SWM recommendations), dam compliance, dam rehabilitation design, shoreline protection design, and experience preparing project design plans, technical specifications, engineer's estimates, and complete critical-path project schedules.
Experience or familiarity with analytical/environmental sampling, environmental site design (i.e., erosion and sediment control and stormwater management design), and obtainment of various environmental permits or other project approvals is preferred. Significant design and drafting (i.e., AutoCAD) experience, while not required, is also preferred.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (geotechnical concentration);
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT);
- 4-6 years of applicable progressive work experience;
- Proven track record of successful responsibility both in terms of increasing project complexity and project role;
- Ability to prepare geotechnical evaluation reports including design and analysis;
- Ability to independently solve engineering problems, concerns, or conflicts and take-on a project ownership role;
- Have significant geotechnical and construction field experience;
- Experience preparing project design plans, technical specifications, engineer's estimates, and complete critical-path project schedules;
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills;
- Possess willingness to learn, be mentored, and develop professionally;
- Work both independently and as a key component of our team;
- AutoCAD experience preferred;
- Willingness to perform various field work activities as described above;
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.; and
- Possess a valid driver's license.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, full-benefits, and relocation assistance if needed