You are here
Global Buyer - IT and Telecom
Global Luxury Consumer Packaged Goods Company
Excellent career opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global luxury consumer packaged goods manufacturing company
The Global Buyer will be responsible for developing and implementing commodity strategies for the IT & Telecom category to optimize external spend and to meet current and future needs with an overall spend circa $100m. The Global Buyer will be responsible for the following:
- Work with internal customers to define global / regional / sub regional commodity sourcing strategies by providing strategic and operational procurement inputs.
- Form, lead and facilitate cross-functional teams as applicable to execute the sourcing strategies defined and collaborate with internal customers to ensure effective implementation and embedding of shared inputs.
- Leads the operational sourcing processes within the assigned spend - including selection, contracting and negotiation for commodities that have suppliers with global, regional or sub regional capabilities.
- Continually evaluate and monitor market conditions and adjust sourcing strategies accordingly.
- Perform regular spend data analyses through WWP spend analysis tool to identify sourcing opportunities and streamline supply base.
- Identify, lead and manage contract negotiations, ensuring price, quality and service targets and standards are achieved.
- Identify cost savings opportunities and work with the Business Services Sourcing Lead and Functional Experts to develop as agreed.
- Seek and exploit leverage opportunities across divisions and markets as per identified and agreed sourcing strategies.
- Develop contracts, including key performance indicators agreed with the business and ensure terms and conditions are supported and signed off by both Supplier and Company within designated authority limits and are compliant with legislation and the company's policies and procedures in place.
- Provide a monthly report on activities, sourcing initiatives, vendor analysis and issue resolution to the Business Services Sourcing Lead.
- Develop supplier relationships in line with business requirements. In particular, liaise when appropriate with critical or strategic suppliers to represent Company interests and leverage our global presence.
- Develop and maintain an expert understanding of markets in scope and interpret global trends and information to transform it into opportunities to increase value for Company
- Ensure that Risk Management plans are developed, reviewed and maintained for the area of responsibility in line with commodity and business strategies.
- Serve as an advisor to all client groups based in the division / market by communicating strategies developed, including comparison of supply sources and market analysis.
- Provide standard and customized reports to meet stakeholder's needs.
- Arrange, attend and participate in customer meetings. Raise questions and provide information to identify alternative solutions to stakeholders needs.
- Meet with finance representative regularly to understand spending, budgeting and savings implications for Indirect sourcing initiatives.
- Proactively engage clients and provide high quality customer support for client group.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in business or a technical discipline
- 7+ years of experience in Purchasing functions, with a focus on managing IT spend (products, tools, vendors), in large Corporations.
- Developed an effective IT procurement strategy that had a high impact in a similar capacity.
- In-depth understanding of the global IT products and services market and its trends.
- Experience in leading IT vendor management programs across the enterprise.
- Understanding of the IT procurement tools, methodologies and processes at an international level.
- Strong negotiation skills for large and complex IT procurement deals.
- Knows about and understands financial management, contracts and legal issues.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication and presentation skills - verbal and written.
What's on Offer
- $110,000 - $130,000
- Target Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Vacation and Holidays