You are here
Global Demand Planner
Global Medical Device and Supply Company
Excellent Career opportunity with a rapidly growing organization
About Our Client
Our client is a Global Medical Device and Supplies Company
The Global Demand Planner will be responsible for executing the global demand planning process and maintaining the statistical forecasts for assigned product groups. The Global Demand Planner will utilize forecasting KPI's and statistical models to evaluate submitted forecasts and assess how proposed demand events may impact sales volume. The Global Demand Planner will also work closely with the Global Supply Planner to develop constrained forecasts for communication back to the commercial team. Day to day responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and maintain a rolling statistical demand forecast for assigned product lines at the SKU level in assigned markets
- Review the statistical and market forecasts with sales, marketing, finance, and supply chain management, explaining the business assumptions behind the forecast and methods used to quantify each event
- Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by managing a collaborative demand planning process with sales, marketing and finance stakeholders at the market and regional levels
- Compare forecasts to financial budgets - units & dollars. Explain variances, note uncertainty, and highlight risk areas to the consensus team
- Review with product marketing the global and regional strategic product strategies, to include product launches, product end of life and other events that affect forecasts and communicate strategies to regional demand planning
- Work with Regulatory to understand certification and other requirements and timelines and ensure that forecasts align with these requirements
- Participate in Sales and Operations Planning, communicating forecasts to Supply Planning and facilitating feedback communication of any constraints or decisions made in S&OP review
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning process by measuring a broad set of metrics: forecast error, forecast bias, inventory levels, customer service levels
- Determine product allocation prioritization and lead allocation reviews and determinations
The Successful Applicant
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or similar field.
- 5+ years' experience in Demand Planning.
- Must have prior experience managing statistical forecast and consensus demand planning processes
- Must demonstrate the ability to work with all functions and levels within the organization.
- Must have strong analytical skills and able to problem solve complex tasks.
- Strong Excel skills are desired.
- JD Edwards experience in an MRP environment is a plus.
- SAP/IBP experience desired
- Must be detailed oriented and utilize time management skills
What's on Offer
- $70,000 - $90,000
- Target Bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation & Holidays