You are here
Global Director of Operational Excellence - Manufacturing
Multi-site experience and manufacturing background required
Black Belt Certified and ability to architect an OpEx program
About Our Client
Michael Page is partnering with an international manufacturing company that has been re-creating their executive team and charged with creating an OpEx program. This company has multiple manufacturing sites and undergoing a good amount of growth.
The Global Director of Operational Excellence - Manufacturing
- Adoption and understanding of Shingo philosophy as the base of desired culture is required. Position must inspire and extract behavioral performance in alignment with philosophy. This relates to operational and engineering teams as well all support teams in the broader business.
- Communicate and educate operations colleagues and all colleagues on the content, definition and continuous evolution of enterprise excellence. Specifically, this can mean creation of a certification program and central team through whom standards, behaviors and consistency is established; a steady round of face to face work with small teams at each site; specific work on processes such as NPI to ensure pull energy from operations is clear and transitions are complete and high quality as an example.
- Lead site leaders to create the plan of development for the system. Including develop and deploy the annual and 12 month rolling Excellence Plan.
- Standardized Enterprise Excellence activities across all sites creating and deploying systems and tool standards. Creating common/standard library of systems, tools and visual factory creating a single EE look and feel in every business unit.
Ability to travel up to 50-75%
The Successful Applicant
The Global Director of Operational Excellence - Manufacturing will have:
- Bachelor's degree required; technical engineering discipline preferred
- Formal Lean/CI Black Belt certification
- Six Sigma training preferred
- Minimum of 10 years in Manufacturing with 5 years of hands-on lean Kaizen, including VSM, daily management, standard work, cell design, material flow, TPM, SMED, 3P/layout, 5S and visual management
- Demonstrated experience working as an organizational change agent across multiple sites including international locations.
What's on Offer
- Opportunity to architect OpEx program
- Multi-site responsibility
- Join a growing organization
- Work with the executive leadership team
- Competitive compensation