You are here
Global Product Manager - Life Sciences Instrumentation
Full product line ownership reporting into VP Marketing.
Opportunity to work with a global company with a rich history.
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in the life sciences manufacturing space with a rich history based south west of Boston. The company is regarded in the industry as one of the worldwide leaders in the instrumentation space across multiple markets with a strong track record of success across multiple decades.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic development, to tactical activities, to end-of-life planning and migration strategies.
- Conduct market and industry research to understand applications, market trends, and market requirements; analyze the market to define market conditions, market potential, competitive environment, and influences.
- Take a commanding lead role in engaging customers to understand their business strategy, environment, and processes; utilize standard methodologies to capture customer requirements and identify pain and hidden needs, and generate a compelling value proposition.
- Capture and translate current industry standards and regulations to relevant product requirements for responsible product lines.
- Provide competitive analysis for responsible product lines globally, including comparison of technical attributes, features, performance, and commercial elements.
- Translate market and customer requirements into new product solutions to better serve customer needs; document customer and market requirements and work with Engineering department to develop new products and/or solutions that satisfy the customer needs.
- Document and present business cases to justify new product developments based on the market analysis, market/customer requirements, market positioning, customer value proposition, revenue potential, profitability analysis, and product launch plans.
- Develop market introduction strategies for new products to achieve the planned business success globally, including sales tools, training, sales activities, marketing plans, target markets and customers, and strategic industry team engagement.
- Utilize company-defined processes to plan and track new product market introduction activities and stage-gates.
- Generate business development strategies with global sales subsidiaries to successfully launch, sell and support responsible product lines; visit sales subsidiaries to deliver product training, visit customers, and develop strategies.
- Identify target customer groups, and specific customers, within key markets and collaborate with sales on business development activity.
- Define and communicate global pricing strategies for assigned product lines.
- Develop mid-term product development strategy and roadmap; collaborate with corporate headquarters to ensure alignment with the corporate product development strategy and roadmap.
The Successful Applicant
This position requires five to ten years of experience in product management, marketing, or sales, preferably in the life sciences or laboratory products market.
A Bachelor degree is required.
Approximately 30% travel
Apply below for immediate consideration.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package attached.