You are here
Global Sourcing Manager, Materials - Consumer Electronics
This is a Global Sourcing role with high level of impact and visibility
Location: Boston, MA
About Our Client
Our client is a leader in the consumer electronics space. They are a very innovative and dynamic company and are consistently growing.
The Global Sourcing Manager will be a member of the Electronics Sourcing team and will have responsibility for providing research, technical evaluation, and sourcing of electronic components while aiming to achieve the best quality materials for the best pricing, always maintaining a focus on cost savings for the organization.
- Research and evaluate materials based on product development, marketing and long-range product road map requirements
- Partner with Product Design and Engineering teams to review design specs and recommend sources that can meet volume, quality, and cost requirements.
- Drive technical decisions that are aligned to strategic sourcing goals
- Schedule and lead supplier meetings to review commercial terms and technical road maps
- Formulate a strategy to convey product and market information back to the sourcing team
- Continually monitor the industry and report on activities in the areas of new technologies, supplier capacity and R&D investments
- Support supplier performance reviews, factory audits and supplier risk assessments
- Review production product designs and work to achieve product cost reductions, reduce Bill of Materials risk and enable long-term manufacturing sustainability by proactively identifying and recommending additional component sources
- Provide support to all functions of the sourcing organization to enable a successful NPI process and the continuous production of all commercial products
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree - Engineering degree preferred
- 7 years of working experience in direct materials purchasing preferably working within a high-volume consumer electronics industry
- A strategic thinker and results oriented individual with natural leadership competencies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural global business environment
- Willingness and ability to travel within the US as well as internationally up to 25% of the time
What's on Offer
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply directly and all qualified candidates will be contacted. This role offers a competitive salary and bonus structure that is commensurate with current salary and experience.
The client is an equal opportunity employer.