You are here
Seeking experianced Grants Accountant
Exciting opportunity with a well known Non-Profit organization in New York City
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known Non-Profit organization in New York City. Dynamic and friendly work environment with room for growth within the organization.
- Works with the accounting program and development staff to ensure an accurate, timely, efficient and transparent process for the entire grant life cycle.
- Reviews accounting codes and allocation of expenses for restricted contract funding.
- Tracks expenses for all public and private grants and prepares monthly and periodic grant invoicing to public and private grant funders.
- Prepares budget modifications, coordinating with finance and program staff as necessary.
- Assists the Grants Manager in functions of administration and reporting including: preparation of timely submission of contract billings, and development.
- Assists the Grants Manager in preparing for funder financial audits.
- Analyzes general ledger activity.
- Reports, monitoring and post‐award management.
- Prepares adjusting, month-end and year-end closing journal entries.
- Works closely with Program Staff analyzing accounting treatment of funds and contract.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance required
- 2+ years of grants management and government grant compliance experience.
- Nonprofit accounting experience.
- Strong project and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability to be flexible and to adjust work schedule to reflect varying accounting deadlines
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Manhattan location
- Career growth opportunities.