You are here
About Our Client
Our client is an educational institution, seeks a Grants Accountant to join their Finance and Accounting team.
- administer awards in accordance with sponsoring agency policies and regulations, and notify appropriate sponsors and/or Development with regards to outstanding Grant receivables/funds
- monitor accounts receivable as well as laboratory grant activity on a daily basis
- perform accounting for grants and contracts including private donor and government funded grants
- reconcile monthly statements to budgets
- prepare financial reports and invoices to awarding agencies
- investigate and verify Faculty transactions upon request from the Payroll Department
- analyze total laboratory financial capability of all laboratories assigned
- provide assistance to the Assistant Director of Budgeting and Office Administration reporting and during annual laboratory budgeting process
- serve as a back-up to the Grants Manager during absences.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree and educational emphasis in accounting or business
- knowledge of accounting for grants and contracts
- computer proficiency, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work with faculty and laboratory administrators on a professional level
- excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
What's on Offer
This is a temp-perm opportunity and pays an attractive hourly rate.