You are here
Head of HR
Head of HR for insurance firm
Head of HR
About Our Client
- Provide leadership in the critical area of recruitment by developing a creative and cost-effective strategy for generating high-quality candidates. Works with supervisors to recruit, interview and recommend qualified candidates who can best contribute to the success and growth of the company.
- Provide guidance to senior leaders and managers to maximize and improve employee satisfaction and engagement to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Responsible for ensuring company compliance with all federal, state and local laws related to employee benefits, compensation, employment and training. Remains current with changes in human resources and employment law by managing company relationships with state and local regulatory agencies.
- Proactively and confidently contribute to company decision-making efforts which affect corporate strategy, especially as it relates to Human Resources.
- Develop Human Resource solutions that support the Goals and Objectives of the Company, its Branches and its Departments.
- Oversee employee benefit programs including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, supplemental medical, 401(k) plan, vacation and sick leave processing, and unemployment compensation.
- Consult with management and oversee all aspects of performance management and employee relation situations, including all terminations.
- Responsible for developing a sophisticated onboarding program which enables all new employees to fully understand the corporate culture, the mission and the values.
- Responsible for wage and salary administration and aligning with the company's annual salary budget.
- Manage the Human Resource's department budget.
- Oversee all personnel record keeping.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating company job descriptions by completing periodic job analysis.
- Ability to plan and coordinate many projects simultaneously.
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to develop HR strategy and tactically evaluate and implement sophisticated HR related programs and initiatives; think innovatively and creatively
- Able to work with a variety of organizational leadership
- Ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams
- Ability to bring immediate credibility to the human resource function through professional qualifications and leadership skills
- Ability to project the highest level of integrity
- Requires superior interpersonal communication skills, coaching and listening skills
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field required
- PHR or SPHR is preferred
- 10 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources
What's on Offer
competitive salary plus us potential
report to CEO