You are here
Hedge Fund Transfer Agency - Vice President
About Our Client
My client is one of the world's leading Hedge Funds. Highly respected and reputable in their field, they are notorious for career progression, succession planning and promoting growth from within.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Responsible for the setting and achievement of specific department performance targets and objectives
- As a member of the senior management team lead, direct and manage the department
- Exercise operational oversight within the department and make sound operational decisions
- Provide leadership and support to the department managers necessary for ensuring their teams are organized & working as efficiently & controlled as possible.
- Ownership, management and development of strong client relationships
- Handle and resolve complex or unusual operational and managerial problems that are referred from department managers
- Ensure that procedures, policies and processes are adhered to so that a high quality service is delivered to the customer.
- Drive procedural changes to improve performance of the department or of related business areas
- Continually develop expertise in all area of the business
- Represent TA at broader client service meetings, sales presentations or internal cross departmental meetings.
- Ensure that Transfer Agency is properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organization
- Promote risk awareness, assessment and control within the department
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that the Department is efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, you will possess the following:
- BS/BA degree required. Must have 6-8+ years of related experience, preferably in financial services industry
- A strong Hedge Funds Background with extensive experience in the industry
- Very good technical knowledge in Hedge fund products and structures
- A decision maker with a pro-active approach to Operational problems
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills
- Proficiency in a highly controlled environment
- Extensive management experience and first-rate motivational ability
- A strategic outlook with the capacity to contribute positive ideas to senior management
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team.
What's on Offer
$ 110,000 - $ 130,000 base salary plus performance related bonus and comprehensive benefits plan.