You are here
In-House Counsel - Financial Services Technology Utility
USD1 - USD1,000,000
Financial Services Technology Utility
Seeking a Director-Level In-House Counsel
About Our Client
A major provider of technology and utility services to the financial services industry
- Support the firm in its delivery of the high degree of legal certainty required under the Principles for Financial Market Infrastructures.
- Provide legal analysis (including review of legal opinions) in respect of the firm's systems and a broad range of commercial contracts entered into. Accurate drafting of contractual provisions, and appropriate risk mitigation in respect of strategic and development initiatives.
- Assist with monitoring of global regulatory change affecting the firm's systems.
- Draft and contribute to letters and consultations relevant to regulatory and legal change.
- Provide support to, and partner with, all relevant teams within the firm, in particular teams engaged with new business initiatives, commercial negotiation, and contractual analysis.
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations applicable to the firm.
- Work closely with Regulatory Affairs and Compliance to monitor and manage legislative and regulatory change.
- Ensure that Legal Risk to the firm's system is managed within acceptable tolerances, including ensuring all new risks relevant to Members and the system are known and analyzed.
- Draft precise amendments to the documents (e.g., Rules and Member Handbook) to reflect relevant changes or improvements.
- Handle and make decisions on moderately complex legal matters with executive approval.
- Prioritize appropriately.
- Construct and deliver clear communications to senior leadership, Members, and internal and external audiences.
- Willing and able to provide some oversight to junior members of the Legal Division.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven law firm experience advising financial institutions or in-house experience at a regulated financial institution.
- Ability to demonstrate, with concrete examples, experience advising senior clients with minimal supervision.
- Practical experience of working within foreign exchange or clearing, payment or settlement systems.
- Some experience with central banks desirable but not essential.
- Evidence, with examples, of being strong team player.
- Degree from upper tier law school or equivalent evidence of superior academic performance.
- Licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction.
- Minimum 7 years of legal experience.
- Knowledge of the foreign exchange markets and legal landscape.
- Knowledge of payment or settlement systems/financial market infrastructures.
- Some knowledge of the following legal subject areas would be an advantage: cyber, intellectual property, and/or antitrust.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits