You are here
In-House Legal Counsel
USD150,000 - USD170,000
- Legal Counsel
About Our Client
Global fortune 500 company leader in the market for steel production.
- Draft, review, approve, implement and register, as appropriate, policies and procedures, regulations, by laws and any other documents within legal specialty areas, in compliance with the laws of the State of West Virginia, under supervision of the Head of Human Resources & Legal
- Oversee, review, prepare and approve contracts involving leases, licenses, purchases, sales, insurance, employment, always advising the company on the issuance of contracts and acting on its behalf in ensuring all contracts going to a third part are legally sound and do not contradict the business policies of the Group or the strategy of the company
- Administer and oversee all proceedings/matters pending at the local courts of law, giving guidance to the business on the best legal strategy to be Advise HR on Workers Union-related matters. Represent management, as assigned, in administrative hearings, participating and/or assisting in the representation of the company and its officials in litigation, as appropriate.
- Assist in relation to compliance issues from both a legal and Group perspective, always ensuring the company is kept up-to-date and compliant with law requirements, the companies Code of Business Conduct and other Group policies and Supervise and manage any statutory fillings including those at the local registry of companies, maintain accurate and proper corporate records for the company entities, including corporate documents and seals where appropriate.
- Continually review every aspect of the areas activities to ensure that opportunities to add value, save costs and enhance shareholder or business wealth are identified and implemented in a responsible manner
- Deliver reports to the Mining corporate offices in relation to litigation, legal spend on a monthly, quarterly, annual and statistical basis as per the Group requirements
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in law, with admittance to the BAR to practice Law in West Virginia
- Managerial qualification
- Commercial/ contracts lawyer with 15 years of experience lo lead the legal function
- Knowledge and experience with local West Virginian law
What's on Offer
Excellent opportunity for an in house role leading an extremely important function within the company